About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jose's War with Me

We've had this war before, but not for a few months. Jose will have what we call "food wars". In the beginning these wars really brought out my desire to convince him to eat or eat and not vomit. I no longer play the game with him and so he doesn't choose to play as often. He was mad at me for not allowing him to play until he is willing to finish his school work.

So he came to the table for dinner last night and began his "food war". Everyone else was done with their meal and he had barely taken a bite. He was really hoping that my "mothering" worries would over ride my brain that understands how kids with past trauma can behave. It wasn't a good moment for him when he realized that I wasn't playing. I told him to go ahead to bed and the meal would be waiting for him for breakfast. He looked very forlorn as he headed to bed and hadn't been able to have his drama.

Today he got up and ate that meal for breakfast. He is still mad over not being able to play until he completes his school work. He has however given up on that war. lol

I hope we can make it without another one. lol I sure do love the little guy and I'm so glad to be his mommy. I am glad that he doesn't have these behaviors very often any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment