About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Lose Destiny Tomorrow

Yes, that dreaded day has come. She will leave me again.

She is going to . . . . . 1ST GRADE.

I love her school, personnel, and teachers. I am sending her for that reason. She has intensive language therapy there for 30 minutes every day with some awesome people who do great with her. She has a great teacher. This teacher deserves a little sunshine from my kids, because she had Andrew a couple years ago. I still feel bad! lol

Everyone else is staying home this year. She is going to school though. I will homeschool her in a year or two. When I told her that I would miss her while she was at school, but to be good and learn lots she said "Its ok Mommy, you can homeschool me in a year or two". roflol

I love that girl! First Grade is a big step. What happened to that little, scared, mostly nonverbal, tantruming 4 year old that came to us? I am pleased to report (though sad to see her growing up way too fast) that she is a gorgeous, confident, talkative, and brilliant 7 year old!

3 comments:

  1. Now I have that Veggie Tales song stuck in my head. The one about the first day in the first grade. LOL I hope, well I know, she will come home bubbling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it is "first AIDE in the first grade". I had to go look up the lyrics. Now it'll be playing up there all day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song was in my head too. I was still thinking the "first day in the first grade". lol

    ReplyDelete