About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Play Equipment

I just had Brent order a whole mess of play equipment for outside. I found a great "climber" that I am super excited about. I also had him order two playhouses, two sandboxes, and 4 of those bouncy ball things with the handle that you ride on. I got one of the plastic "Flinstone style" foot powered cars painted today. I will head out tomorrow evening for more paint to touch it up and do the others. I love the kids' excitement over that stuff! I also love stuff that keeps them busy, includes imaginative play, makes them tired, and has "sensory" play included in it.

Now for anyone who thinks that might have been slightly "excessive" (I have had plenty of family members think I go a tad overboard lol), then please remember that I have TWELVE children. The best way for me to stay sane, them to improve with their special needs, and them to get along is to have enough stuff to play with that fighting isn't necessary and everyone has plenty to do. I will let you all know shortly how the stuff fairs! There is no one better to test it out than us! Brent and I aren't good at putting stuff together (pre-occupation with my kids is my hold up) and our kids are great and giving it a good work out. :)

If you live nearby and want to try it out then come play in a few weeks!

Once again, I guess this will file nicely in the "only at my house" section. We are kind of "unique" like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment