About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Annoyed

I am blogging and thinking way too much! I think this antibiotic for the sinus infection must be too strong. I have a rash and my head feels yucky, which is the same as last time on this one. Unfortunately, this is the only antibiotic works for me now. Thankfully it does work though, so I won't complain too much. :)

I am actually annoyed right now watching Animal Planet. I am an animal lover most certainly. It just amazes me that "Last Chance Highway" and "Pit Boss" among other shows on here have such a passion for saving animals. At the same time, so many kids in our country get no "Last Chance" or true rescue.

Did you know that 4,000 children every year "age out" of foster care? Did you know that lots of children have no legal parents? Does anyone care? I mean I don't see any show giving the realities of that! No one wants to think about it. Maybe that is because then they would be up at 2:00am thinking about it. lol I think really it is because they are afraid that if they thought about it, then maybe God will call them to do something about it. Maybe it is because it is a lot easier to judge other countries "orphan" problem than to think about our own countries "orphan" problem? Maybe it is because of some of the issues that can come with children who have suffered trauma (I mean I am open about that)?

I really don't know the reason, but it bugs the heck out of me! (Please don't misunderstand bc I do want people to rescue dogs, etc) I just wish that more people would care about the waiting children. Maybe my new answer for people who ask me "Surely you are done, right?" or "You really don't NEED more kids, you have 12?" is going to be "Ok, so you start adopting the waiting children and get everyone you know to do the same, who can then get everyone they know to do the same, and there won't be any left for me". lol

If every Christian adopted 1 child, then there would be no orphans in the whole WORLD without a family.

OK, I am going to take same Benadryl Sinus for the other treatment for this infection and go to bed. Maybe I won't THINK or BLOG so much tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment