About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jacob - WOW

Jacob has had an awesome day! I am just floating around. My mother came today and his little "RAD eyes" came alive. He was ready to get that attention that he does crave, but hates to get from me. I stopped him before she got in the door. I said "Jacob, you cannot hug her or go to her at all. I know you need love, but you can only have it from me.". He looked me right in the eyes and cried. I said "Jacob, I'd love to give you hugs and love, but it still has to be me.". He came over and hugged me while letting me hug him!

I then asked him to come help me put lunch on the table. I really didn't know if he would "help" at all or even pretend to, but I knew that I couldn't let him get attention from my mother while I did it. I asked him to put a package of fruit snacks on each plate. He did most of it without too much prodding or redirection. The times that he needed "assistance", he accepted it and was pleasant. He made eye contact several times during the preparation.

Later while they were outside playing, my mother and I walked out there too. He had the "RAD eyes" pop up again and then looked TO ME. I said "Yes, Jacob if you want it then it has to come from me". We exchanged hugs with his initiating it again. Later I initiated several hugs that he willingly hugged back. We played outside tossing a ball and he even made eye contact.

Tonight he even gave his dad a hug!

This has been an awesome day for Jacob! These days give me hope for him to come so far as time goes by. I am so exciting with what God is doing! I STAND AMAZED!

No comments:

Post a Comment