About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Return of the RAD

Yes, Andrew has done it again. I am hoping that this will be a short bad spell. He had been doing so great. Homeschool was going wonderful! Behaviors were so minor that he was actually enjoyable.

He had went back into underwear (at age 9) this morning after a good long spell of being clean and dry, but it was all for nothing really. Yes, after less than 12 hours of being clean and dry, he decided to pee and poop on himself. I would have once asked "WHY OH WHY?", but I am past that. I just accept the present and move on toward the future. I calmly explained that I realize he must not be able to handle the world as big as it was getting for him. I realize that not having on a pullup (though he asked for the underwear) must have made him uncomfortable. I let him know that I was not made. I let him know that we would once again make his world smaller until he was able to handle it being bigger again.

I would like to say that I didn't expect it. There was just something "not real" about the way that he said "this has been a great day" more than five times while eating Blizzard pie. He was one of the few that had earned a special treat by finishing his school work and not being unbearable at dinner. Several had already been sent to bed, but he was one of the "well behaved" ones of the day. You know that he had to have felt so sneaky while he ate it knowing that he had peed his pants and pooped his pants and was sitting in it. Oh yes, what an accomplishment. Oh well, I'm sure that the baby food for breakfast won't be quite as enjoyable. I've come to realize that my 9 & 11 year old RAD kids seem to dislike but find baby food therapeutic. To them it seems "logical" to eat baby food when you use your pants as a diaper. I mean it makes sense. I also make sure that the breakfast that the other children are having is exceptional, so I have a little planning to do.

Whatever it takes for my RAD kids. I am determined to let God use me to help them get better. There will be setbacks like this along the way, but it is still more steps forward than backward now. Hopefully one day of being treated like a baby and he will have gotten the reassurance that things are still the same, I won't hurt him, I'm not angry, and I am willing to make his world as small has he needs it. Hopefully we will go back to dry pullups and won't try underwear again for quite awhile. We'll try to make small steps in other arenas and keep the pullup for awhile longer.

Who knows what the RADishes have up their sleeves for tomorrow. I just know that I have lots of God's grace up my sleeve. I also have love, hugs, and the endurance to see them through.

Crazy to say at this moment for most, but I am still glad to be the little poopers mom! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment