About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Ear Mites? (nope)

I noticed this morning that Jacob had blood all in his ears. It was dried and gross. My first thought was that it looked like a dog with bad ear mites. I knew that wasn't it. lol My next thought was that surely he would have expressed some kind of discomfort if his ear drums had burst. Would he? Really I don't know if he would.

Then reality hit. I realized that this was the same little RADish that I had cleaned up bloody ears for it times past. They had never been this bad though. I got the diaper wipes and started cleaning his ears. I got it all cleaned up and then it started to reform.

Yes, you might have guessed it if you too have a RADish. My sweet little RADish really did pick his ears in the outer ear region until it they bled. See Jacob bleeds easily (probably on account of some seizure medication since it seems to have gotten better as we've weaned off of it). He also picks just to be a pain.

Yes, my house has more bodily functions and grossness some days! I still get taken back occassionally. You'd think "behavior" would be the first thought in my head, but it still isn't sometimes. I guess the fact that I am also parenting a lot of kids who aren't having such "behaviors" still keeps me in the "real world" instead of going totally to the "RAD world". I am going to take that as a good thing. I am not totally gone over to the "RAD world" and just go there for the ones that I need to go there to help.

Anyway, if you see my child and he looks like he has ear mites, I promise he doesn't. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment