About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Prayers Needed

Brent's mother had a stroke this morning. This is her 2nd stroke. She had the first one just a month or two ago. She had recovered from the first one well and was walking just a little slower and with a brace.

She got up this morning and was ok, but had a serious stroke just a short time later. She was taken to the hospital where they did surgery in the ER area to help her. She is being kept out of it for now because of her condition. She is on a ventilator and it is unknown what the future holds for her. They will know more tomorrow after they do another CT scan.

Brent is doing well with it all. The relationship has been so strained for a long time, which only makes it more difficult. Why they just can't accept ALL of our kids I just can't comprehend. I had so hoped that they would be active and involved in the lives of our kids, but it seems unlikely that will be the case. I am proud of Brent though for just going and being there when the family emergencies arise. Yet at the same time, he holds firm that the children and I are his main family. I've told him that he could just go visit them and do so without involvement with the rest of us. He refuses to be a part of anything that doesn't embrace us all. I am very proud that he loves us so much and very thankful. I wouldn't blame him if he did, but I do believe that he is right. He says that the Bible says for him to leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. He refuses to let them reject the rest of us and be active with him. I do love that man and his commitment to us all! At the same time, I really respect that when times are tough he will go and just "be there" to make sure they realize that he still loves them even though he doesn't participate in their dysfunction.

All families have a little dysfunction. Both sides of our families have their share. What is important is that you never let the dysfunction make you be dysfunctional, but still love the people just as God would. We won't let anyone's dysfunction affect our children, but strive to still pray and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment