About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Friday, July 23, 2010

18 Beds

I am putting up some more beds today! We have to have at least as many beds "open" as the siblings groups we are being considered for right now. Our worker comes on Wednesday so that she can "count" our beds. I had other beds already, but I hate to put up beds that no one is using. I really think that we shouldn't have to have the beds up until you know who is going to use them. I mean common sense says that they could count them to be sure right before the contact with the specific child/children started. I mean even that is assuming that the adoptive parents aren't smart enough to put them up, right? roflol

I jump through hoops without complaining for the most part though. I am just thankful for the blessing of being their mother. I feel blessed beyond belief at that. I just wonder how many people have 18 beds in their house???

The funniest "only at my house" thing is that I'm getting ready to put up a toddler bed for Zeeky. I never allowed kids to share beds. I just saw no need. When all the kids had swine flu in October, I put the sick kids into "seclusion" as they fell sick. That meant that Zeeky and Jacob ended up in a room together. They immediately wanted to sleep together. Zeeky has autism and has never slept well. Jacob had it noted in his file that he had slept with Jose when they were little and preferred that. I guess it worked well for them both because Zeeky never has gone back. He sleeps tons better since sleeping with Jacob. I mean he still requires Clonidine to fall asleep, but that even works better and he stays asleep now that he shares a bed with Jacob. I figure that with Jacob's issues (RAD and autism) it must work for him too, because he and Zeeky seem to be great pals.

None the less, I still have to have a bed that is assigned to Zeeky. I am putting up a brand new toddler bed (at least it's smaller than a regular bed) that I know he will never sleep in. RULES ARE SO WIERD! lol

If other children come up later then I may have to add beds still. I'd really hoped to not have to put all these up until after the addition we are building is finished. Now I'll end up having to move beds around again later. The kids probably won't even get here before then either! Adoptions always take way too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment