About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good RAD Stuff

Well things have gone really well today. Everyone worked well today. Jose is still behind from where he didn't work for several days. He is however back to eating and back to working. I am seeing glimmers of normalcy return in his eyes, which is very much a praise!

Andrew and Crystal both managed to participate in the AWANA Carnival tonight. All the kids had a blast! Just a short time ago, neither of them would have been able to handle this tonight, but both did and had so much fun. They started to "go RAD" because the clown would love to give them attention, but with a reminder to keep themselves and their attention seeking in check they headed off to play. I was very proud of them. Andrew was helpful and threw away trash to help me with the little ones. He asked about extra drinks or treats instead of just sneaking. Crystal let me help her to get herself looking nice and seems to enjoy that right now. This is a huge improvement over trying to look pitiful and drab! I have to say that she is becoming a beautiful young woman.

I just can't help the fact that I am genuinely pleased. I wish I were still naive though to some degree. Even though I am pleased, I also know that the "RAD behaviors" will return before too long. I just keep reminding myself that even when they do return (again) they will also leave again and the more times that the good stuff happens and the longer each time gets, the sooner they will get into good habits. It was nice on the "old days" to just enjoy the good thinking the hard times were over, but being blown out of the water isn't something I enjoy so I will just stay realistic.

God is so good and faithful. I am seeing Him work in their lives and I love it!

1 comment: