About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm Not Running a Factory

I often hear the question "Do you have people come in to help you?". I thought I'd answer that one really quickly. See sometimes I find it funny, sometimes I think people are really wondering, and other times it just annoys me. Mostly what determines the way I take it is the tone and intention of the person asking the question, but I will admit that sometimes my mood could play a part as well. I usually just answer the question by saying "no", but the title of the post is what I'd like to say.

I do not have anyone come in to help. Maybe someday I would need it for some reason, but currently I certainly do not. I would do it if I felt like in some way my kids would benefit from it most certainly, but I do not see that to be the case right now. Here is why.

I'm not running a factory. We don't MAKE kids here we just raise them. There is a mom and a dad here and we are perfectly capable of taking care of the children. We are a FAMILY not a factory, facility, or daycare center. As a family, we all do our part. My children sort their laundry, help put away their laundry, onload the dishwasher, throw away their own trash, pick up their own toys, get their rooms ready for me to sweep, dust, and even wipe down bathrooms with Clorox wipes in between major cleanings. I will give you that there are a lot more people in our home than in most homes. The thing is that the sheer number of us alone means that there are more people to do small chores around here. No one person has to do as much because there are a lot of us. The smaller kids can make some messes, but we can all jump in and clean up a monster sized toy mess in just minutes. (Practice makes perfect)

Another thing is that while on paper or with their "labels" it looks like a lot of craziness, here at home things are just calm for the most part. Autism, Down Syndrome, RAD, and other labels can lead to some extra stuff, but for the most part my children are the best behaved kids that I know.

It all boils down to that here at home, we are just a FAMILY living a NORMAL FAMILY LIFE on a LARGE SCALE!

No comments:

Post a Comment