About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cody (Who is FINAL!!!!)

Cody's finalization was yesterday.  It feels so good to know he is all mine and I don't have to worry about social workers and documentation from doctor's visits.  It feels even better that he is no longer a ward of the state of Texas.  Making choices for his best interest is up to us now.  He could spend the night with a grandparent or aunt without having to ask permission.  If he is asleep and one of the kids has an early morning appointment, then I don't have to wake him and take him with me.  He can stay asleep and be here with Denzell in charge.  (Julianne often never knows that I left because I am back before she wakes up, but poor Cody had to be drug out of bed for appointments that weren't his.)

Ok, now for the pictures.  :)


















The above picture is Cody at an appointment the day before his finalization, when Daddy was already on his way to Texas.  I think he is smiling because I told him that next time he can stay at home and not be drug out.  :)


That picture is from a VERY late night party after Daddy got home the night of his finalization.  He was sleepy, but pumped!  He picked out the cake at Sam's Club.  I let him decide how to have his name written.  He still insisted on "Cody Unroe".  He's been home 6 months and he is still obsessed with the last name! 
Isn't he just the cutest??  

No comments:

Post a Comment