About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Progress on the Homeschool Front

Well, three of my boys HATE to write, color, and complete projects that include that stuff.  Cody is still preschool age, so his isn't as big of a deal.  Zeeky hates to do that stuff, but has begun to comply.  He also has shown that he is very bright and learning in other ways, so I'm always happy about that.  Jacob participates in coloring and tracing, but often puts little effort into it and will scribble hoping for a reaction which I refuse to give. 

I just have to share their accomplishments from the end of last week. 

Cody is only 5 and is smart as a tack. 
Cody has CP, but gets around great and does well in all areas.
I found this new book to work with him on actually coloring the WHOLE picture. 
He is good in all other areas, but completely coloring something in has been an issue. 
I can't get the picture to turn around to right side up,
but you can see the yellow page is done and the blue page is not done.
These small spaces surrounded by the color gave us a "good job" on coloring that will hopefully carry over to other coloring projects later on. 
He knows all his letter, colors, can write his name, and is ahead in all other areas,
except for completely coloring in a picture. 

Next up is Zeeky.
Zeeky is 7 years old.
He has FAS, drug exposure in utero, brain matter that didn't form properly,
Reactive Attachement Disorder, Autism, and who knows what other diagnoses could be thrown at him.
He is very bright, but he learns through musical means.
He hates to write or color in any capacity, but is getting better.
Most of my children with Autis, are slow to write and color - so I keep pushing but help them learn through means that they are more willing and able to learn through.
this picture won't turn either, but you can see that he attempted and did pretty well!

Jacob is last, but most certainly not least!
Jacob has Autism, Reactive Attachment Disorder, and Selective Mutism.
I've only heard about 2 or 3 words from him in the last 2 years or so,
but he doesn't generally talk to adults.
All of those words have been in the last 3 months, so we are making progress!
I'm so proud of this.
He stayed mostly in the lines!
He didn't color the stem of the apple, because he knew it shouldn't be red!
He completed them completely and perfectly.
He even traced the words pretty good.  :)


These are things that make a homeschooling, special needs Mommy very happy!!  Progress is great.  Effort and cooperation are even better!!  Three boys doing their work well on the same day, who I often have to push and prod to get work that isn't nearly as complete from, is a gift from God.  It is also proof that if you keep pushing and loving and never give in, then the results come.  :)

I am so blessed to get to be Mommy to  this crew and I can't wait to see the miracles that are yet to come with the kids here and the kids on the way, and maybe even kids we don't even know about yet. 

Please send up lots of prayers.  There is an important meeting that is the next step in our adoption that takes place at 8am my time.  You can read more about it HERE and I will update the adoption blog as soon as we know more.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment