About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Was Great, but . . .

Christmas is my favorite time of year.  I love everything about it really.  It makes me very happy to see my kids all excited.  I love the decorations, food, fun, traditions, and movies cuddled up in a room full of my kids.  We start decorating on October 19th every year.  We try not to stress about the holidays and enjoy each moment with the kids.  We also try to make sure that they know WHY we celebrate.  IT IS ALL ABOUT JESUS! 

This year was tough.  I think I managed to make it special for the kids.  It was really important to do so, especially since it was Cody's first Christmas home.  This time last year was tough, bc I wanted him here so badly.  I did however know that he was safe, fed, and loved with his foster parents.  He wasn't HERE, but he was ok.  That wasn't the case this year.  This year I had no idea how my 5 that weren't here were doing.  It was so hard to imagine what their holiday season could be like. 

I did try to remember that it was their LAST Christmas there.  NEXT Christmas they will be home with us.  All 18 kids gathered around for a movie, cookies, and hot cocoa sounds more than wonderful to me.  :)

Hang on kids.  We are coming for you!  Thank God that Jesus came and was born in order to pay the cost of my adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment