About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm Excited about what I Found for Cody

Some days I just have to revel in the little things.  Today I found a hat for Cody that said "Ohio" on the front.  Its just a simple ball cap.  I am just excited because he talks about coming to "Hio", so I thought it would be something to send him.  :) 

I'm hoping that Brent can make it to the post office for me tomorrow.  This week has been extra busy.  We went to get our fingerprints done for the international adoption on Monday and then drove extra to go to the zoo.  Brent normally goes to the post office for me on Tuesdays, but I had to go to a different doctor in hopes of getting a doctor to sign off on my medical stuff for our dossier.  (Still ticks me off that I can't have our medical provider do it.  Anita is the best and who cares if her signature says CNP instead of MD!)  Today I had to make a trip to the eye doctor, so Brent came home to sit with the kids.  My eyes are so dry that it feels like my eye lids are sticking to my eye balls.  (I know YUCK!)  I can't figure out if they are worse because of all the antihistamines it takes to survive allergy season or if it is because of all the tears I've cried over our adoption processes and wanting to hold my babies. 

Oh, I just remembered that I have stuff to send him from the zoo too.  lol  I guess the Ohio hat will probably wait until the next time.  Maybe I can send it when we have a DATE for him to come to Ohio.  :) 

Dayton also picked him up something from the AWANA store.  Dayton wasn't going to get anything at all until I told him that he could pick out something for Cody.  I may wait until next week on it too though.  I think he was wanting to write something to send with it. 

I need to fall into bed.  It would be so much easier to go to bed, if I could go check on all 5 of my children who only live in my heart and not my house right now.  I'm sure Cody is fine, though I'm not sure about the 4 in Eastern Europe.  Still, it is so much more peaceful when the children are within reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment