About Me

I have adopted 4 children from a specific orphanage in Eastern Europe and I want to see more children redeemed from that orphanage and brought into families. I want to make sure that the children who are still left behind in that place are never forgotten.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Dayton is Working SO FAST

Well, Dayton started 5TH GRADE Math today.  His class from public school is in 3rd grade.  He just flies through it.  He never gets hung up and tries to give up.  He never plays mind games with me (nice to have a few that really try!).  He just never stops!

Forrest was very upset the other day when he realized that Dayton was so close to moving into the 5th grade math book.  He acted like a complete baby about it.  Instead of realizing that he needs to get his act together and get his work done, he whined like a two year old. 

Today he seemed to have gotten the picture.  When Dayton started in the new book today, Forrest seemed to be moving.  I guess we will see how long it lasts!  Forrest is so capable, but stops to play mind games along the way.  He has even said that he thinks if he convinces me that he "can't" then I will quit making him learn so much.  (Where has he been living!??) 

It is so sad to see Dayton growing up so quickly.  His little chubby cheeks are gone.  He is turning into a young man instead of a little boy.  :( 

He is always thinking though.  He said that the thinks God gave him a brain that can move this fast because God has big things for him to do.  He says that if he finishes this stuff early then he can get started with whatever God has for him as an adult sooner. 

I am so glad that he really wants to serve God.  I am glad that he is thinking ahead.  I just wish he'd stay little for me a little longer.  I guess he plans to keep moving though.  I have decided to just be proud and try not to think of how fast he is growing up. 

I wonder what God does have in store for him? . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment