As I start to type, I realize that the title of this post may end up its own "category". I bet that a lot of the stuff that happens here is not "normal" any where else. Here are just a few of the things that happened here today, but I'll let you decide which things are good and which are not.
1. I realized that Crystal is back to stuffing food and hiding the wrappers at times. We had another discussion about how there is always food here and that the stuffing can cause her to get choked. If we didn't know that she was eating and she was hiding to "stuff" then she could choke without us there to rescue her (which I've had to do a couple times). She says that she doesn't know "why" she does it, but unfortunately I know because I've had more than a few with those behaviors.
2. Zeeky had just had lunch before he went outside. He then had a popsicle about 30 minutes after going outside. I went to have them come to the door because I was giving another snack out and found him eating some dog food that was soggy from last night's rain. He knew he shouldn't and stopped immediately upon seeing me, but was mad that he had to come inside. He was always placed with Crystal, go figure. I think any little thing makes them resort back to fearing that they may go hungry again sometime and back to their food behaviors. I really wish I knew exactly what all happened to them before they came to me, but then again maybe I would end up in big trouble for choking the adults who didn't take care of them.
3. I was thrilled and so proud of myself today. I used magnets that had a sticky side and industrial velcro to stick my white board onto the inside of the pantry doors. Our addition isn't going to be done by the time we start back to homeschooling so I am really working hard to get things to where they will work until our school room is done.
4. My brother and his wife brought their 3 little ones over. We had 15 kids here and way lots of fun! How many people really had 15 kids at their house today and thought "this just proves that we need to adopt again soon!". lol
5. We had several little boys and my brother having a "ball pit ball war" in my sensory room. I bet my brother sleeps very good tonight!
There were lots of other things that probably didn't happen anywhere else either, but I'd hate to make this post last for days. I think the most important thing that happened here is that even with some odd things thrown in the bunch and issues that kids have that they should have never had to face before they came, we still love each other so much. I am glad that I get to be the one to teach them what life SHOULD be like. I am blessed to be the Mommy of this whole crew and get to enjoy the fun and help them through the hurts. I am blessed! I wonder what tomorrow will hold with my crew?